Tuesday 26 June 2007

Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?

All this "try one new thing per day" is really putting the pressure on to perform! With no other creative ideas coming to me, and being essentially lazy... I decided to go pay the Fortune Tellers in the hotel concourse a visit. You never know, they may spout untapped wisdom and have the answers I seek...

So I found out my time of birth (very important) and took myself, my hands with lines, and most importantly of all, my 600 Baht off to the aged and wise soothsayer for predictions galore. After watching her add numbers incorrectly for 20 minutes and scribbling Thai all over a pre-printed piece of paper, here was the verdict:



Year 2007/2008: Watch out for a female who is superior to you in work, she will try to harm you.

Year 2008/2009: will be a good year for money, buy a house/land/car/or something (trip around the world????)

Of course, I should have been warned when I asked her if I was going to receive a printed version summarising her predictions and her answer to this was (getting a piece of paper from her bag and ripping it in half): "Yes! Yes. You write." I had clearly hired a classy professional!


She then proceeded to tell me how my work was going very well. So I thought I'd help her along a little and tell her I was unemployed and intended to stay that way for some time. (Wehey!!!) This took us off on a tangent of "what? how you have money to travel? no work? you work! yes you work? really? no work? but you have money yes!". Following extended and tiring circular argumentation, we finally got down to the nitty-gritty - the predictions for the year to come!

June & Feb 2007, Feb & May 2008
I will get a lot of money from work, I will buy/sell/repair a house/land/car.

hmmm... maybe the whole I DON'T WORK thing didn't quite come accross as clearly as I thought...


July 2007, March 2008
please take care of your words, documents and anything you put in writing to avoid "problems"

So, no blog entries for the coming months then! Sorry - there's a higher power at work here... I don't want to anger the Deity Of The Tourist Baht.


August 2007
Use your knowledge to do things, you will have people agreeing with you

So this is when I will step up my campaign to have everyone in my acquaintance quit and come travelling with me. The forewarning will do you absolutely no good, as it hath been decreed that you must agree!


September 2007
you will have lots of money, do something new - change job, expand your current business

after some reminders of my current jobless state (that I'd had a job behind a desk working with computers for years, but no more) she said it could also mean I start my new company or find a new job... but I don't WANT to! :) I like bumming about!


October 2007
have troubles with old colleagues, have problems seeing same way as colleagues

Glad I sent them Durian toffee then! :) Ooh, maybe its the new colleagues once I start my own business! Yes, that's it. And they won't see my vision for Arm Candy bracelets and inflatable wear...


November / December 2007
you will meet someone, he will be your boyfriend, he will have a good job in a leadership position

Yeah! ....Unfortunately, at the end of the predictions she also said that I already met this person in January 2007. I cannot recall, so if anyone can refresh my memory, that would be great. Answers on a postcard to my mother who will no doubt wish to vet him first. :)


January / April 2008
you will have leader position in work/job, another woman will work with you (this the one you watch out for)

Smackdown! Bring it on! Of course I have no intention of being in gainful employment at said time, so any female that so much as struts arrogantly in my vicinity will be given the evil eye!

So, to summarise she said I would get a job or start my own business in something that looks "smooth" (we were having some communication issues in case this wasn't quite clear yet). Wanting the maximum for my moolah, I diplomatically asked her "that's it? you're not going to read my palm?". Which prompted her to grab my hands and proclaim that I will have a long life, good health, and that I do not like hard work (absence of rough skin on palms and dirt under nails). She backtracked somewhat and said "you not like hard work with the hands, hard work with mind, maybe computer huh?" Wow! If I hadn't told her that earlier, I'd be really impressed!

Apparently this is when you proceed to ask specific questions (to really get your money's worth). But since I didn't know, I came wholly unprepared.
So I asked: what about my goldfish - are they going to be alright?
She looked at my "chart" and said: Yes, they very good.
I finished with: that's good, because Bertha's been floating upside down lately, and normally only Bob does that. I was worried, but now I'm not!


Watch this space for more details of Prince Charming (please pray he's not related to Pinkelboy or Superfreak).

No comments: