Sunday 25 March 2007

Farewell NZ, I win because I'm still in one piece!

I've done many activities in the land of action, some tame, some completely suicidal. I have to give due credit to Pak - she wrote on my leaving card that I HAD to do one new thing each day. I struggled some days (doing laundry in a hostel... does that count?!), some days I didn't need to try (e.g. courtesy of PinkelBoy) but without that incentive egging me on, I might not have tried quite so many different things.

Just to recap for those that haven't bothered to read my (almost) daily sagas, I've done:
Mountainbiking
Surfing
Hiking
Skydiving
Float plane flying
Sledging in grade V rapids
Horseriding
Bone carving
Sea Kayakking
Quadbiking
Scootering
Heli flight
Sauna
Bin Bag seamstress
Luging
River kayakking in grade II rapids
Segway (twice, but for the FIRST time in each city :P)
Red Bull Action Flite
Fudge Making Tour & Tasting
Historical Tram Ride
Punting on the Avon
Attended a PLAY in an-honest-to-G** THEATER
Hot Air Balloon Flite (thank you BELKINITES!!!!)
DROVE 3 DIFFERENT TANKS yesterday!

...and of course, who could forget:
Got pissed on in my bunk
Had people have sex in the bunk accross from me
Had people have sex in the bunk underneath me
... All definitely firsts as well.

I haven't completed the "have a cocktail on a beach" for Sally yet, but I'm saving that for Bali!

Some important life lessons I have learned along the way:
1) Never take the bottom bunk - self-preservation dictates that you cannot rely on (grown) people to have bladder-control, opt for the climb just in case
2) Some days I'm athletic, some days I'm a Klutz, the two don't seem to be evenly distributed or predictable, best just to go with the flow and laugh WITH the audience...
3) Despite numerous attempts, I will never be able to breathe under water or be comfortable in a wetsuit, so better just get all relevant activities crossed off the list sooner rather than later!


Next stop: Sydney!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to be a fly on the bed post...hilarious...Oli

paulc said...

Hey Marisa,

Looks like you are having a great time !!!.

Oli shared this address with us all so expect some more comments from us back in the UK.

Enjoy Sydney

Paul C

Anonymous said...

Wow. This certainly looks like the trip of a lifetime. You go enjoy yourself girl :)

amazing scenery....

ps. Roger shared this address with me.

Cheers,
Rudi

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you're listening to my advice, but sad that I'm not there to enjoy it with you. Hao ji le!
Pak xx