Thursday 8 March 2007

The Lost Art of Relaxation, by Marisa Peek

Ahhhhhhhhhh, doing nothing is an artform and I believe I am getting the hang of it!

I'm in Wanaka (on the edge of Lake Wanaka) in the south island at the moment. The rooms are nice, I got a TOP bunk (important given recent history), the sun is shining and the colours are awesome! No, haven't smoked anything mushroomy or otherwise - seems reading a crappy novel on the edge of a lake and feeding your sandwich to a group of famished ducks works wonders for the soul.



Tomorrow I am moving to a the nicest resort this place has to offer for 2 nights. Simply because Kiwi screwed up again and didn't book my place at the hostel as they were supposed to. So now, everything - hostels, motels, hotels, B&B's - was booked out because its NZ's second biggest agricultural show this weekend and every one and their pet cow will be here! Moooooo... So you see, I am NOT giving up on the backpacker lifestyle, fate has conspired against me and I really have NO CHOICE :) har har har


So, not a lot to report except relaxation by the lake for a few days. Forgot what it was like to do absolutely nada, zip zilch, niente, nichts, niets, nothing! *evil grin at all those workaholics out there*



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings!
I am much enjoying your unfolding tales of travel. You have a grand writing style. Keep writing and continue to make us jealous. :)
Regards,
Sebas Huls...

Anonymous said...

Hi Girl , Told you Wanaka was cool! Beats Queenstown at any time. Do many kids still walk barefoot late at night?
Sorry to read about the "bunk" night, english blokes... :(
Relex - get into the low rithm of NZ, enjoy the wonders of nature (nature is low itself so get into it!)
Love and hugs and kisses
pink lady 2 aka yvi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, it is great