Monday 12 March 2007

Queenstown!!!

I have arrived in Queenstown. The hub of all things expensive, the action capital of New Zealand.

Driving from Wanaka to Queenstown, we stopped at the Kawarau River Bungy Center - the first official bungy jumping center. The jump was "only" 43m high, over the Shotover river. Didn't look that high, then again - I wasn't jumping! Still debating this, its on the 101 thing to do list... but I'm just not that into flinging myself off a ledge at the price of 70 quid/minute. And its not even as if you actually FLY... :)


Anyway, watched a couple of people fling themselves off (obviously not horizontally as shown, stupid PC won't let me rotate...) before we continued onto Queenstown proper.

When we arrived we were told the next few days were going to be continuous rain, so I headed up the gondola pretty quickly to go do the luge. Its basically "rodeln" - taking a little three wheeled cart and using gravity to race down tracks on the mountain. I went round a bend a little too fast at one point and ended up getting "air" and balancing precariously on 2 wheels, great fun - especially if you don't brake!


No comments: